1. Bring Your A Game = Build Connections! This week Love You Back Productions went all out for the New Orleans Wedding Magazine Love In Bloom Bride Event. Fun was had by all. We danced to the live band. Weenta lost her voice, and we both meet so many amazing people, both future brides as well as fellow wedding industry vendors. Good times, for sure.
2. What’s wrong with this picture? In last week’s blog post, Weenta mentioned that there is a mistake in our logo signage. Julia’s boyfriend noticed the mistake, Thanks Nik! As Homer Simpson put it oh so eloquently, “Doh!”
Phewww. No one noticed. At least, no one said anything. We had a great Bride Show!!!
3. Precision and persistence! Up until Tuesday this week, our pitch for the New Orleans Entrepreneur Week felt inauthentic. No way could we become a million dollar business in just 3 years, so we scraped the first round of pitch revisions. No one knew where we were or where we were going. The Urban League seemed a bit aghast, but we were persistent.
On Tuesday (just hours before the big bride show), Love You Back Productions met with our Women-in-Business Challenge pitch advisor, Desireé H. Young - Founder and CEO of Venturewalk.com. Desireé honed in and channeled our principles. We are looking at a 5 year growth plan, and Desiree was clever to point out, “Sounds like what Love You Back Productions makes in is what you used to make in a year.”
Yup. Woah. Thanks for your precision on that point, Desireé.
4. Slo-mo, short documentaries here! There! Everywhere! These days one cannot click a link for an independent documentary and not catch some stunning slow-motion video work. Whether this style technique is pervasive or no? I can still dig it.
Check out this very poignant, focused short piece about the intersections of New Orleans second line culture and Black Lives Matter activism. Featured as a talking head is A Scribe Called Quess, a previous collaborator for Love You Back Productions’ first video production project.
5. Our Mardi Gras! I (Julia) made this little video about my experience of Carnival in New Orleans. Watch and feel a charmed and dreamy with me.
Julia Elizabeth Evans